Whenever you ask the kids what they want after school, it’s always the same answer: pizza!
But that’s easier said than done. Who has pizza dough at hand or the time to whip up your own batch? We’ve put together a pizza hacks video, in honour of Pizza Party Day on 18 May, that will keep both you and the kids happy.
So check out our video showing how to make pizza in just a few minutes, with the ingredients you probably already have in your fridge:
- Bread or tortillas/wraps for the base
- Marinara or any tomato-based sauce
- Oregano (origanum)
- Any other toppings you'd like to add
Tips and tricks
- You can use any cheese you’d like but we used mozzarella because it melts well and isn’t too cheesy and overpowering.
- To make bitesize pizza treats we cut up our tortillas into smaller pieces and lined a muffin tray. Put the tortillas into the oven for a few minutes before you add your toppings. This will allow the tortillas to crisp up, much like a taco, for a crunchier pizza.
- We’ve put together relatively simple pizza treats in our video but you can add whichever toppings you’ve got at home. From leftover chicken strips to pineapple (if you’re not anti-pineapple on pizza, of course), you can customise your pizza. Even better, you can get the kids involved and have them create their own gourmet lunch or supper. It’s always a win-win with a pizza party!
Let the kids put together their own pizzas and send us pictures to email@example.com and we may publish them on the site.
- WATCH #ParentingHacks: 5-minute microwave mac & cheese
- WATCH: Delicious & nutritious lunchboxes for the kids for every day of the week!
- WATCH: How to make delicious caramel and banana pancakes, with sprinkles!