1. Mosquito nets
3. Blind cords
It can take less than 15 second for your toddler to choke to death. In a video posted on YouTube two years ago, Nathan Walla and his wife relives the horrifying day their son got caught in a window blind's cord.
The now 17-year-old Nathan Walla is one of the lucky ones and he says he's glad the video is out there and able to save other children's lives.
Although rare, open dishwashers pose a potentially huge threat to small children. In 1997, a British 12-year-old boy stumbled and fell onto a knife blade that stood point up in the cutlery tray of the dishwasher. And in 2005, the same happened to a five-year-old girl from Kentucky, USA. Rememeber to always load utensils into the dishwasher with their sharp ends pointing down.
Below is a video showing you how to load a dishwasher properly: