This year 3Sixty Biomedicine made the bold move of launching a range of products that are based on herbal extracts as the key active ingredients for the management of common women's health issues.
One of these health issues, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), can result in infertility, heavy periods and cysts on women’s ovaries with approximately 8 – 13% of women in SA suffering from it.
To create a product that effectively helped women manage the symptoms associated with PCOS and infertility – 3Sixty Biomedicine drew their inspiration from the benefits of Caronositol in Fertility Treatment.
Some interesting facts about the efficacy of Caronositol in fertility treatment:
1. Inositol (which is found in Salome Fertility) has two major stereoisomers:
- Myo-inositol (MI)
- D-chiro-inositol (DCI)
Myo-inositol (MI) and D chiro-inositol (DCI), act like insulin mediators. Therefore, both these molecules are involved in increasing insulin sensitivity of different tissues to improve metabolic and ovulatory functions.
2. MI supplements have been observed to improve the metabolic profile and hyperandrogenism in women suffering from PCOS, in addition to increasing the clinical pregnancy rate.
3. MI exerts its beneficial effects mainly at the ovary level, where it is highly concentrated, by directly acting on several ovarian functions.
4. DCI restores normal insulin sensitivity in the insulin target tissues, thereby reducing the circulating insulin and androgens, and inducing an enhancement in ovulation frequency.
5. Therefore, the existence of tissue-specific ratios of these inositols in certain organs has resulted in studies that show better outcomes with the combination of MI: DCI vs the administration of each alone in the management for PCOS that combines both molecules.
Salome Fertility is a combination of DCI (D-chiro inositol) 150mg and MI (Myo-inositol) 550mg. At this ratio, improvements of many of the functional deficiencies associated with PCOS can be expected including a reduction in hyperandrogenism, the regulation of ovulation and reduction of oxidative stress in follicular fluid.
Salome Fertility is specifically focused on assisting to manage infertility linked to Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and is a quality, over-the-counter option.
The full range of Salome products that assist with the management of conditions including PCOS, heavy menstrual bleeding (Menorrhagia) and menstrual pain or discomfort (Dysmenorrhea) are available online at Takealot, 3Sixty Biomedicine's website or most independent pharmacies nationwide.
On Friday 27th November – 3Sixty Biomedicine will be launching 'Pink Friday' deals with significant discounts on their Salome range of products.
For more information about Salome Fertility or the Salome range, go to 3Sixty Biomedicine's website or connect on social media: Facebook: Salome Range
Share your stories and questions with us via email at email@example.com. Anonymous contributions are welcome.
Don't miss a story!
For a weekly wrap of our latest parenting news and advice sign up to our free Friday Parent24 newsletter.