A rare childhood illness that affects the blood vessels
- Dry, cracked or swollen lips
- Abdominal pain
- Swelling of lymph nodes in the neck
- Swollen hands and feet and red palms or soles
- Blotchy red rash all over the body
- Later, skin peeling from the tips of fingers and toes
- See your doctor within 24 hours because the disease can have serious complications.
- Your child may be admitted to hospital where she can be monitored and given aspirin or injection to reduce the risk of heart complications.
- Recovery takes about three weeks.