A mild illness caused by a virus.
- A sudden raised temperature which may lead to febrile convulsions.
- Sometimes also mild diarrhoea, earache, enlargement of the lymph nodes or a cough.
- About four days later the fever will suddenly subside and a rash of tiny pink spots will appear on the head and trunk, though the rash might be invisible on dark skin.
- See the doctor to confirm that your child has roseola and not meningitis.
- Phone the doctor immediately if your child’s fever goes above 39ºC or she gets convulsions.\
- Roseola will disappear after four days.
- Keep the fever down.