This occurs when stomach contents are forced up through the oesophagus and out the mouth.
- Stomach ache
- Stiff neck
- Your child needs urgent medical attention if vomit is greenish-yellow or pain in the abdomen that lasts more than six hours or if your baby is younger than 6 months.
- Also if there is a headache, stiff neck or flat spots that don't disappear when you press them.
- If your child vomits after a fall, has sunken eyes, hasn't passed urine for six hours or is abnormally drowsy, these are also danger signs.
- If you suspect your child has gastro, then you can treat them at home, making sure they stay hydrated.
- Treatment depends on accompanying symptoms.
- Make sure your child takes in water and a rehydrating substance often to prevent dehydration.