The schools are winding down, you’re looking forward to the end-of-year break, and your mind is on Christmas and getting through this month, budget intact.
The last thing on your mind may be the school stationery list, but now is in fact the perfect time to tackle it!
4 great reasons to buy back-to-school stationery now
- Once you’ve priced everything and bought it, you know how much you have left for the holidays and Christmas. Any thirteenth cheques or bonuses can be spent on jollifications.
- It’ll take away the stress of having to shop a few days before the school opens (spoiler: it starts early in January next year).
- Kids like to feel prepared. Leaving school-supply shopping till the last minute could cause a level of anxiety in some kids, especially those already nervous about school, and it could drive you up the wall.
- Certain items may be sold out by the time you get there.
Lost? Here’s what to do:
- If you haven’t yet received the school’s stationery list for next year, enquire at the school office before the schools close on Wednesday 10 December.
- Some schools buy in bulk and offer your child a stationery pack at a set price. Take the leap and buy it this side of the holidays.
- Other schools may offer a deal through a preferred stationer. Remember to return the form and money to the school office in time.
- If family members ask about Christmas presents for your children, consider giving them options from the stationery list to add as stocking fillers. A glue stick here, some wax crayons there, and before you know it your kid is kitted out for school.
- There are some great online shopping options if you'd rather avoid the December crowds.
Some nifty online options to order your child’s school stationery:
Buy via a special app
Snap Pay is a cool new app from local award-winning developers Appchemy allows you to take a photo of the stationery list, buy all the items there and then and have them delivered to your door. Snap Pay, which will donate a portion of profits to the School Leadership Programme, launches on 1 December. If you pre-order, you’ll get free delivery and 10% off. For more information, visit http://www.snappay.xyz/.
Buy school-specific items online
A few companies offer encourages you to register, choose a school, and then see all the items on that school’s list. You can customise the list, edit and buy online. Does it include all schools? We don’t know but it’s a cool idea. Try My School Stationery and Waltons online. Remember to check delivery times for your area and don’t leave it too late!
Buy general items online
- Pick n Pay:For all student stationery, look at the navigation bar at the top and click Stationery to choose a category from the expanded menu.
How, when and where are you buying your child’s stationery for next year? Send your comments and stories to email@example.com for possible publication.