09 SepNot sure about homeschooling your child? These 7 tips by parents and pupils will help you decide
Local homeschooling parents and pupils share what has proven to be most helpful for them.
From mainstream schooling to homeschooling: What parents need to know about the legal requirements
A parent reserves the right to guide, direct and secure a child's education, but there are "legal formalities", says local attorney...
WATCH: How to make homeschooling fun, engaging and successful (in English, isiXhosa and isiZulu)
The #EdufundiAtHome series was created in response to the number of parents navigating homeschooling with their children during lockdown...
Mom who doesn't believe in school lets her kids spend their days at the beach
An anti-school mum takes her children to the beach for picnics during school hours and claims more parents than ever are considering...
Tips from a home-schooling mum for keeping kids productive during lockdown
This mom, who home schools her kids, outlines how to stay sane with Covid-19 enforcing some ‘quality time’ with your children.
OPINION: Dear Department of Education, leave my home-schooled child alone!
A concerned and upset parent shares her thoughts on the proposed legislative changes regarding home-schooling in South Africa.
OPINION: Are you a home-schooling parent? These proposed policy changes impact you (and your pocket) directly
Drastic proposed legislative changes regarding home-schooling in South Africa has caused quite a stir. Parent24 asked the stakeholders...
Yes! You can homeschool your preschooler
You don't have to send your child to preschool. They can get ready for big school right at home.
Find homeschooling sites and information here
Learn more about homeschooling and what curricula they use by visiting these websites run by parents and organisations that have...
Unschooling: ‘No school for my kids – they’ll learn to read by themselves’
The children of the *Malan family from Gauteng have never been to school.
Why parents choose to homeschool
Your options for your children's education doesn't have to be limited to what the government offers.
Great homeschooling blogs
Here's a list of a few homeschooling blogs available online, complete with great ideas, printables and personal experiences from...
Weighing up the options of homeschooling
We look at some of the pros and cons of homeschooling.
Is homeschooling for you?
Cath Jenkin gives us an inside look at homeschooling.
5 reasons to integrate e-learning into home-schooling
Home-schooling and e-learning can work well together with involved parents.
Thinking of making homeschooling permanent? Here are the pros and cons
Here are some homeschooling pros and cons to consider if the lockdown has sparked an interest in teaching your kids at home.
Unschooling: Radical learning?
Unschooling lets children control their own learning, says Sally-Jane Cameron.
Choosing schools: home schooling
Thinking about schooling your child at home? Here's what you need to know...
5 home school myths busted
Does the idea of home schooling make you quiver? This brave mom tells it like it is.
- 'It saved me and my sister': The kidnapping avoidance tip that saves lives
- Help, the school wants to hold my Grade R child back! What can I do?
- Missed your period? This could be why
- 'He was just 29cm in length when he was born': Miracle baby Shaka celebrates his first birthday
- WATCH | Little mom's special bond with her tall son is the sweetest thing you'll see today
- KwaSizabantu: A first glimpse into how independent review panel will deal with abuse claims
- Adriaan Basson | Why are Ramaphosa and Gordhan obsessed with saving SAA at all costs?
- Cracking the Covid-19 code: Does bio-hacking have a role to play?
- Mandy Wiener | Where is the respect? Time for introspection at the judiciary and in legal circles
- Governance time bomb: Dr JS Moroka municipality picking up the pieces after collapse