For parents and schools, protecting a child is always the number one priority. Kids are often on the move – whether heading to some special new holiday hot spot or popping off on outings during school term. Or simply travelling to class or extramural activity via car, public transport or lift club. The problem is South Africa’s roads are not safe. In fact, the most common cause of childhood deaths are road traffic accidents. Given this, it’s imperative to ensure that children are always strapped in. Accidental injury insurance is also an excellent idea.
Go Cover is the world’s first on-demand accidental injury and death cover, providing instant peace of mind. Simple, smart and convenient, it provides up to R1 million (for yourself; up to R300 000 for someone else) in cover from just R2.20 a day. This covers against 30 different accidental injuries and death, wherever someone is in the world**. It can be purchased once off for 24 hours or up to 90 days. It can also be set to recur weekly, fortnightly or monthly. There’s no paperwork, agent or commission. The app-based product is as straightforward as it sounds.
The best news is that anyone can take it out! That means it’s perfect for:
- A parent wishing to cover a child with ongoing protection or once-off cover for a sports match or outing the kid may be travelling to. The cover can also be set to recur each week when your child travels to an extramural fixture or sports practice, for example.
- Lift clubs wanting to cover all the little people on the back seat. It’s easy to cover everyone at once – the lifting parent simply needs to add in the names of the children plus their ID numbers. Then the cover can be set to recur, so it kicks in every time lift duty swings round. Easy! All members of a lift club should consider agreeing upfront to have insurance in place on the days they’re designated to drive.
- Schools choosing to cover their children. Imagine if each time children went on an outing, sports or cultural tour, it was standard practice for schools to provide cover for the kids. That kind of peace of mind for parents and staff is invaluable. It’s also easy and affordable to achieve. With Go Cover, schools can cover the whole class – or school – in five minutes flat!
Jack Kruger, Head of Design at Sanlam, says that you can get up to R300 000 in cover for someone else or groups* (or up to R1 million in cover for yourself) from as little as R2.20 a day. “For schools, peace of mind is an amazing gift to give parents when planning tours and outings that involve travelling, outdoor and sporting activities.” Here’s how Go Cover works:
- Download the Sanlam Go Cover app from your app store
- Select or add people you want to cover*
- Select the period you want cover for
- Confirm the amount of cover, and accept the quote or amend cover details
- Check out and pay with your personal or business debit or credit card
When buying cover for someone else, you do need to note:
- You only need the person’s mobile number, email address, nationality, ID number (if South African), or passport number and date of birth (if non-South African)
- When you’re buying cover for someone else, or a group, there’s a 24-hour activation period before it kicks in (immediately if for yourself)
- Cover for another person is limited to a maximum of R300 000
To find out more, visit www.gocover.co.za.
*Cover can be bought for yourself, family, employees, domestic workers, clients, teachers, learners, paying guests, or event entrants.**South Africans are covered worldwide, excluding certain conflict zones. Visitors and foreigners are covered while in South Africa.
This post and content is sponsored, written and provided by Sanlam.