13 Jan'I was convinced my baby had died': Covid-19 survivor meets her preemie 3 weeks after giving birth
"When they showed me, my baby, I was crying because I was so happy, I just couldn't believe it."
Here's how your baby's brain gets switched on during birth
The facts on why vaginal delivery has many benefits for your baby, and you.
Giving birth in 2020? Here's what you still need to know about a pandemic pregnancy
It's best to call ahead and find out what is expected of you.
Is breastfeeding an effective contraceptive? An expert advises
“Breastfeeding is also an insurance policy against breast, uterine, and cervical cancer."
WATCH | Couple keeps their twins a surprise until AFTER they're born
Can you keep a secret?
Episiotomy: The cruellest cut in pregnancy?
An episiotomy is a cut into the perineum to enlarge the opening of the vagina to help ease the birth.
Dr Gqada on when to worry about postpartum discharge and infections
Dr Gqada tells us that in order to begin treatment, a full medical examination is required to find the source of the infection and...
WATCH | Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik are parents!
"She’s already changed our world".
Everything you need to know about a C-section birth
Giving birth is a wonderfully terrifying experience, no matter how you do it. But many expectant parents are doubly fearful of having a...
WATCH | US mom gives birth to fifth child in hospital parking lot
Despite the location, the couple welcomed a healthy baby boy.
'He was just 29cm in length when he was born': Miracle baby Shaka celebrates his first birthday
"They said if he gets worse you have to choose whether you want this life for your child or to take him off life support. It was the...
Facing an emergency homebirth? Here's what you need to know
The baby is coming… now – and you are nowhere near a delivery room or doctor! Here is what to do to deliver a baby on your own.
WATCH | Couple deliver baby in the car on the way to the hospital
What a great way to arrive!
We speak to an obstetrician-gynaecologist about pain after birth
Vaginal bleeding post-delivery can be a discomfort and worry to many patients. Hence, education, guidance and appropriate reassurance,...
'Seahorse dad' shares incredible photos as he births his 3rd baby
"I know how meaningful images like this could have been for me before my first pregnancy and how meaningful it is for me to see images of...
'Our very first little miracle he had to meet via a video call': First-time mom shares her lockdown birth story
"I am all in favour of safety during this time but to take away an opportunity like this? I know there are more women in my position, and...
'I had twins the week before lockdown': Giving birth amid the Covid-19 pandemic
This first-time mom gave birth to two little boys, but she wasn't prepared for the added stress of coronavirus too.
'I saw the twins for about 15 minutes': Local dad shares heartbreaking story of premature birth during lockdown
"At 07:10 and 07:11 the twins were born. I was part of this whole process as a dad for only 2 hours."
'I cannot be there': Distraught father says he is denied visitation during his wife's labour
"I cannot be there to tell her everything's going to be ok."
- WATCH | Dwayne Johnson's toddler hilariously cleans her dad's muscles to get rid of 'germies'
- 'He has gone back to smoking dagga again': How to handle teen drug addiction
- WATCH | Twelve-year-old's hilarious parody of her mom working from home is 'pure gold'
- Lockdown Level 3: Your toddler is not required to wear a face mask in public according to regulation
- Pregnant and can't get rid of that metallic taste in your mouth? You need to read this
- Regulatory approval for AstraZeneca vaccine could be delayed by more than 30 days
- 'We were not sleeping on the job': Ramaphosa, Mkhize allay vaccine delay fears
- Karyn Maughan | Zuma follows in PW Botha’s footsteps with promised 'no show' at State Capture Inquiry
- Ramaphosa: Unity in the ANC is 'slipping through our fingers, it's time to forge it again'
- ANALYSIS | No excuses anymore as Shamila Batohi rounds off the NPA’s leadership team
Play Sense is taking families on a Playcation
14 Dec 2020
From Koe'siestes To Kneidlach - With Kids! at The Baxter this festive season
09 Dec 2020
'HATS on 4 CPC': Local NGO shares how you can show your support on Universal Child...
09 Oct 2020
Make books together, apart, with Book Dash
09 Oct 2020