This activity is great for developing your toddler's manuel dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
Difficulty rating: 2
Time to prepare: 3
Cleaning up: 1
Activity time: 15-30 minutes
Felt is a fantastic medium for little hands to work with. It doesn't unravel when cut so no sewing is required for this project.
- Cut interesting shapes and colours out of the felt before you begin the activity (We used hearts, flowers and bird shapes)
- Give your toddler these shapes, together with some craft glue, and show her how to create and design and stick it all together.
- Once she's finished her designs and the glue is dry, help her glue one fo her creations toa hair clip to make a brooch or hair elastic (as shown here)
- Your tot can make her own brooches and hair accessories with this easy craft.
- You'll find different colours and sizes of felt squares at most craft shops.