Most teenaged boys will have to start shaving while they are still in school. It’s something they may choose to do for the rest of their lives, but if you’re a single mom (or a dad with a beard) you may feel like you need help in explaining to your child how to shave. Not to worry! The internet is loaded with helpful advice, such as this step-by-step video on how to shave.
Your son will need:
• A basin
• Warm water
• A razor (preferably a multi-bladed safety razor that isn’t worn)
• Shaving cream or gel
• Cold water
• A towel
Here’s how to shave, via Gillette/YouTube
• Soak your face in warm water for up to three minutes.
• Apply shaving cream or gel, and rub in well if your skin is sensitive.
• Wet the razor in warm water and shave with the grain (the direction your hair grows) of your beard or stubble.
• For a smoother shave, shave gently against the grain after shaving with the grain.
• Rinse your face with cold water and dry with a towel..
Of course, your teen may not need to shave, in which case he can check out this awesome skill:
What other tips would you find helpful?