27 Oct 2016Welcome to the BABY hub! Here are a few topics to get you started
In the baby hub we cover many of the questions new parents may have including topics on baby care, sleep, feeding, development milestones and more.
Did you know? 84 000 babies are born too soon, in South Africa
Prematurity carries a higher risk for mortality, the short- and long-term morbidity and health complications have costly implications for...
Improving the odds of little miracles: World Prematurity Day calls for global action
"This year's World Prematurity Day is an opportune reminder that even as we contend with a global pandemic, little miracles are being...
WATCH | The sweet reason former Harry Potter star Rupert Grint joined Instagram
Rupert Grint joins Instagram to reveal first picture and name of baby daughter.
Infant Illnesses | Spotlight on tonsillitis
"Symptoms can sometimes change or progress quickly".
A psychotherapist explains how toddlers learn and how to maximise their potential
Making early learning fun cultivates a true love of learning and nurtures the innate potential for success.
WATCH | Four-year-old predicts surprise lockdown twin pregnancy
This mom says her daughter predicted her pregnancy
The #InfantIllnesses Series: It's probably not as serious as you think, but let's be sure!
We'll help you to decide when you should actually panic.
Infant Illnesses | Spotlight on Respiratory Syncytial Virus
We speak to paediatrician Dr Iqbal Karbanee about this common infection and the signs that should not be ignored.
WATCH | The special way Nicki Minaj shared the first glimpse of her baby boy
The rapper and new mom celebrated her first wedding anniversary by posting an adorable first glimpse of her son.
The ‘why phase’: How to deal with your toddler’s many, many questions
Here is why your toddler asks why all the time, along with some tips on how to manage all those questions before you lose your parenting...
From crawling to walking, is your baby on the right track?
Occupational therapist Samantha Toweel-Moore explains how he'll go from crawling to walking.
Are you normal new-parent tired, or suffering from 'parental burnout'?
Feelings of guilt, shame and embarrassment are also rife in parental burnout, which correlate with symptoms of depression.
Why many South African mothers give up breastfeeding their babies so soon
Of all the factors that determine women’s decisions on breastfeeding, the most dominant one – in my study, at least – was the stress that...
WATCH | Nicki Minaj says she's 'madly in love' with her newborn son
"I am so grateful & in love with my son".
'Sterilise everything that they might put in their mouths': Germ truths for new parents
Babies are very good at getting hold of and sucking on objects before their parents can say "gastrointestinal infection".
Time is running out for baby Kamogelo, as he battles rare genetic disorder
Two year old Kamogelo is on borrowed time.
Infant Illnesses: Spotlight on baby acne
"My 4-week-old baby has severe baby acne. It started when he was 3 weeks old. Is there anything I can use on his skin to make it better?...
August/ Sep 2020 winners
See some of our winners for August /September 2020
- WATCH | 'I don't want to miss things': Jennifer Lopez shares what lockdown taught her about parenting
- 'Sex is a part of life': Sexual education not prioritised due to lockdown
- 'I lost a lot of things that night': When single motherhood is the only answer
- 'I want to show that woman': My ex is avoiding maintenance by hiding behind his new girlfriend
- Fuller House? How to go from empty nest to full house again
- Zondo vs Zuma: Stakes high for judge, former president as commission enters final stretch
- It is a myth that only branches can touch ANC leaders - Gwede Mantashe
- 'An economic and insurance disaster': The lockdown claims case that shook an industry
- FEEL GOOD | KZN petrol attendant lends desperate mom his car without even asking her name
- INTERVIEW | After a tough 5 years, Netcare CEO Richard Friedland talks local growth plans