It's one of the first lessons we teach our toddlers: "share!", "be nice!". Here are some great ways to help your child become social while playing.
- Put on your child’s favourite music or expose them to various music.
- Encourage them and their playdate to dance.
- If you have a big mirror, let them dance in front of the mirror; they will enjoy watching themselves.
Playing with toys
- Encourage your child and playdate to play with dolls or teddies and to pretend actions.
- For example, feeding their teddy lunch0. or putting them to sleep.
- Encourage this by giving them a bowl and spoon or a blanket.
- Give each child their own teddy or a doll and toys to play with.
- Make sure to expose your child to many social events – children’s parties, family gatherings, playing in the park, etc.
- Take the kids outside and blow bubbles. Encourage them to try and catch the bubbles. Get very excited each time new bubbles appear!