Get a bowl, mixing spoon and combine these ingredients to make the fluffiest unicorn poop, EVER!
Watch this step-by-step fluffy slime video and check out the ingredients below for cool tips and tricks on how you can make unicorn poop at home:
- ½ cup glue
- ¼ cup shaving cream
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 drop red food colouring
- 1-2 tbsp saline solution, such as contact lens or a home-made saline solution (see below) – add extra until the mixture comes away from the bowl
- 3-4 drops baby oil
Tips and tricks:
- We recommend using a solvent-free glue, which is suitable for kids. You can expect to pay around R40 for 125ml at supermarkets, or go to wholesale stores where you can buy a full litre for about R130. Even some so-called "craft" glues can have very strong smells, so if in doubt, take a sniff before you buy.
- We recommend using simple baking food colouring and steering clear of dyes as they tend to stain your hands.
- If you've got contact lens solution at home, great! But you can also use another saline solution or even make your own. To do this, combine 1 cup of water with half a teaspoon salt and heat in a pot with the lid on for about 15 minutes. Set it aside to cool before using it.
- For a stiffer mixture that can also be used as a stress ball, add an extra ¼ cup of shaving cream.
- To make nice smelling slime, we recommend adding a drop of vanilla essence or rose or lavender essential oils.
- Keep the kids amazed with non-Newtonian fluid
- 3 awesome science experiments
- The benefits of sensopathic play
Try out this slime recipe and send us your comments and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org and we may just publish them.
Sign up to our weekly newsletter to receive Parent24 stories directly to your inbox.
Share your story with Parent24. Anonymous contributions are welcome.
Email: Share your story with us via email at chatback @ parent24.com