Maintenance struggles

So I read your article on News24 about 'Avoiding child support'.

What is the case when the person paying maintenance can't keep down a job because he has a drinking problem, refuses to get help has been arrested numerous times for drunk and driving.

I mean he has 3 kids to support?

How do I go about getting some sort of maintenance out of him then, and what are my rights with regards to trying to get the maintenance from his parents?


Have a story to share? Email or chat to us on Facebook and Twitter.
We live in a world where facts and fiction get blurred
In times of uncertainty you need journalism you can trust. For only R75 per month, you have access to a world of in-depth analyses, investigative journalism, top opinions and a range of features. Journalism strengthens democracy. Invest in the future today.
Subscribe to News24