25 SepWhy are sitcom dads still so inept?
Back in the 1950s and 1960s, sitcom dads tended to be serious, calm and wise, if a bit detached. In a shift that media scholars have documented, only in later decades did fathers start to become foolish and incompetent.
'It saved me and my sister': The kidnapping avoidance tip that saves lives
This is what you should do when you suspect a kidnapping attempt...
WATCH | Little mom's special bond with her tall son is the sweetest thing you'll see today
Unmarried parent? Know your rights
It’s important to know where you stand with South Africa’s Children’s Act, especially if you’re not married.
'...in their jock strap... if you're lucky!': Why pyjamas are a necessity
It's not just a cleanliness issue...
The Social Dilemma: Are our kids puppets to social media?
It is not an exaggeration to say that most people spend more time on social media than they do eating or bathing, or even talking in...
Local clinical psychologist explains why you can't stop comparing yourself to other parents
"Parenting is such a unique journey and even comparing oneself to other parents, does not take into account the nuances in each...
Taking the 'god' out of godparenting: What is their role now?
There have been many shifts in the traditions of what it means to be a godparent, but what is their role, really?
#ThinkB4UThrow: Why littering is bad for your kids
"...litter that is within reach of the kids can cause harm to their health."
Pyjama drama! Turns out South Africans love their sleepwear
We ran a poll to find out what South Africans think of the idea of sleeping in day clothes.
Why grandparents are more than just good babysitters
Make the time available for your children to get to know their grandparents better by spending more time with each other.
The legendary anniversary gifts Chrissy and John got from their kids
'No such thing as child-proof': How to avoid accidental poisoning in the home
Babies and toddlers are mostly at risk and travellers are urged to be extra cautious.
WATCH | Care worker dad's heartwarming reunion with family after 4-month separation
Their heartwarming reunion will melt your heart.
The South African parents' definitive anti-kidnapping guide
23% of missing children are either never found, trafficked or found deceased.
WATCH | Tino and Simphiwe Ngema announce their baby’s arrival in style
"On the 23rd of June 2020 we gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Tiyani Kemorena Michael Chinyani."
'Disturbing findings': Survey reveals the challenges faced by working mothers
"Women still have to work extra hard to compete with men in the workplace to achieve equal status."
Has your teen been exposed to suicide on social media? Here's how to help
With increased screen times comes increased exposure and influence.
'Can my brother's ex sue me for their child's maintenance?'
Parent24 chatted to Advocate Kaiel Grobler of LAW FOR ALL to find out more about who is responsible for child maintenance.
- 'It saved me and my sister': The kidnapping avoidance tip that saves lives
- Help, the school wants to hold my Grade R child back! What can I do?
- WATCH | Little mom's special bond with her tall son is the sweetest thing you'll see today
- 'He was just 29cm in length when he was born': Miracle baby Shaka celebrates his first birthday
- Inspired by Katy Perry's baby name? Here are 70+ blooming beautiful names
- Karyn Maughan | Jacob Zuma's hide and seek with the Zondo commission
- Evangelist Peter Hammond backs KwaSizabantu Mission, says claims are part of a 'smear campaign'
- Sassa loses R282 million to fraud over the past 5 years
- Khaya Sithole | From dubious, to discredited, to deleted: The evolution of a rogue report
- EXPLAINER | What you need to know about plan for colonial/apartheid statue 'theme parks'