As a Mom, you know you find yourself needing to come up with a quick and easy dinner at one point or another. Forget the typical frozen fish fingers, nuggets, chips and pizza – these 3 quick and easy dinner recipes are great for the whole family!
This recipe is affordable, quick to make and ingredients are easily accessible!
- Place cut chicken pieces in a casserole dish (with lid).
- Mix packet of Packet Brown Onion Soup with 250ml water.
- Add 250ml mayonnaise and 250ml chutney to soup mixture and mix.
- Pour over chicken pieces.
- Bake at 180°for 1 hour (with lid on).
- Remove lid and bake until chicken pieces are nice and tender.
- Serve on its own or with rice / salad.
This recipe is perfect when needing dinner quickly! And, the kids LOVE how this meal looks when it’s done!
- Put your oven on with the grill setting on.
- Toast your choice of bread. Avoid toasting the bread too much as more toasting is required later.
- While oven is heating up and bread is toasting, grate some Parmalat gouda cheese and place in a bowl. The amount of cheese is dependent on how many people you will be serving, but it works out to approximately ½ cup – ¾ cup of grated cheese per person. (I tend to do these in relays so I don’t waste)
- Whisk eggs in a cup or bowl (Use 1 egg per person serving).
- Place the grated cheese into a bowl and add the whisked egg mixture in stages. Each time the egg is added to the cheese, mix the cheese and egg thoroughly with a fork. Stop adding egg before the cheese mixture gets too soggy. Essentially, we’re coating the cheese nicely with egg.
- Lay your toast out on the surface you will be placing under the grill, spread some butter and spread out the cheese mixture on each slice. Try cover the pieces of toast right until the edges to avoid edges burning when under the grill.
- Place in the oven and watch the magic begin! This part is fun for kids to watch as the cheese & egg mixture begin to rise!
- Take out the oven when cheese has started to brown – double check it’s nicely cooked through by pricking with a fork (you want the egg cooked).
** Add tomato (and/or ham) before adding cheese for a cheese and tomato (and/or ham) version.
Poached Eggs for the Whole Family
While eggs are traditionally used for breakfast time, this recipe is just as good for dinner.
- Take a muffin tray and spray with non-stick spread or coat with butter or oil.
- Choose the number of eggs you would like to poach and place each egg into one of the muffin pan slots.
- Place tray in a pre-heated 180° oven for 10 – 15 minutes. The longer you leave it, the less runny the eggs will be.
- Remove from oven and serve with toast, mushrooms, bacon, sausages, cheese, avocado and a side portion of fruit.