With the kids back at school and 2018 in full swing, you might be feeling a little anxious trying to get things in order. With everyone’s daily, weekly and monthly routines and schedules, it can get a little tricky keeping track of everything from school drop off and extra curricula activities to that family member’s birthday you vowed you wouldn’t forget this year.
But we’ve got you sorted with a DIY video showing you how to make your own monthly calendar and a handy 2018 school holiday calendar for you to plan all your trips for the year.
- A3 cardboard
- Paint swatches
- Glue stick
- Sticky flags
- Whiteboard marker
Tips and tricks
- While you want your calendar to be sturdy and durable, remember that you can’t exactly laminate cardboard that is too thick. You’re also laminating swatches on top of your cardboard, which makes it even thicker and could result in a few air bubbles. Try to get cardboard that is only slightly thicker than paper. Laminating it will ensure it's sturdy enough.
- If you don’t have a laminator at home and you’re not too keen on going to a printing store, you can use contact paper – the kind you cover the kids’ books with – or put it in an A3 frame. The whiteboard marker allows you to write on the glass of the frame.
2018 is here! Download, print, save or send this handy school holiday calendar so you can start planning for the year ahead.
We’ve even taken the liberty of indicating how many consecutive days you'll get off around the public and school holidays, and how you can maximise that with a few well-chosen leave days.
How have you gotten your family ready for 2018? Any tips you're willing to share with fellow parents? Tell us by commenting below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we may publish your comments.
- Delicious & nutritious lunchboxes for the kids for every day of the week!
- WATCH: Get creative with these back-to-school book covers
- The ultimate back-to-school checklist
Sign up to our weekly newsletter to receive Parent24 stories directly to your inbox.