By his second birthday party your little tot will be more mobile than his first one.This is a good age to introduce some kind of activity, like a mobile petting zoo, to keep the little one's entertained. You can have a huge amount of fun with the farm animal theme and go as elaborate or as simple as you want.
Tiny milk bottles
- Buy probiotic-enriched drinking yoghurts.
- They look just like tiny old-fashioned milk bottles.
- Cut some vegetables into bite-sized pieces and serve with a dip.
- Stack some toasted coconut marshmallows onto toy tractor trailers and use as table decorations.
Farmyard birthday cake
- 1 square cake (shop bought or bake a simple chocolate cake)
- Butter icing (beat together ½ cup soft butter and 3 cups sifted icing sugar)
- Ice cream wafers (to make the fence)
- Wooden farm animals, tractor, farmer and farmer's wife
- Ice the cake and place on a wooden chopping board.
- Cut the wafers in half (lengthways) and cut each top corner to make a spike.
- Arrange these fence posts at intervals around the cake.
- Then cut wafers into thin strips (sideways) to make the beams to connect the posts to each other.
- To make the feeding trough, cut a wafer in half (sideways)
- Cut one of these halves to form two triangles.
- Form two whole wafers into a V-shape (icing the top of the V to hold it together), then attach a triangle to each end, using icing to "glue" it together.
- Let the icing set before filling with smarties or "feed" of your choice.
- Now arrange the feeding trough and animals on your cake.
- You can place a tractor, farmer and farmer's wife around the farmyard to complete the picture.
We love to hear from you! Send us your birthday party photos and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org and we may publish it on our website.
Sign up to our weekly newsletter to receive Parent24 stories directly to your inbox.