5 WEEKS OUT
Send out invitations
- Create and send out invites for this unique party.
- Create your own look for suitable invitations at craft shops or party stores.
3 WEEKS OUT
Gather your supplies
- Visit supermarkets and party stores to find the perfect supplies to serve the young guests.
- Try to stick to a colour scheme for things that will be on the table, like these straws and a wire basket to keep party favours in.
2 WEEKS OUT
Get the décor ready
- There are not many party goods with clouds and raindrop designs available in stores, but it is easy to make your own.
- Use coloured pipe cleaners and bend them into raindrop shape- perfect to hang from the ceiling.
- You could also cut raindrop and cloud shapes out of felt and stick these onto a canvas and make raindrop cake toppers using some coloured paper and sosatie sticks.
1 WEEK OUT
Buy party favours
- Look for sweets and gifts that will help set the scene.
- Colourful Smarties in plastic bags remind us of little raindrops.
- Character umbrellas are an affordable and useful gift for guests; give this instead of a take home goodie bag.
THE DAY BEFORE
Get the food ready
- Never forget the importance of something substantial for little guests to eat.
- Make cheese and ham sarmies and cut them into cloud or raindrop shapes.
We'd love to see your ideas and party creations. Send us your party pics and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org