I’m not a morning person.
If I’m being honest, I’m not an any-time-of-the-day person, but that’s beside the point.
Nothing makes my day like waking up on the right side of the bed, though, and starting off the morning the right way. And the best way to do that, you ask? Well, with pancakes, of course.
Check out this easy recipe for the softest, most delicious caramel and banana pancakes.
They're perfect for any occasion. Birthday parties, play dates, cutting a tooth, or even a rainy day in with the family. But you really don't need an excuse to whip up some gorgeous pancakes for yourselves and the kids!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cup milk
- Whipped cream
Tips and tricks
- This recipe makes around 12 pancakes. We would, however, suggest doubling the entire recipe which will not affect the taste or outcome of the pancakes. The mixture can also stand for up to two days, you may just have to add a half cup of milk to thin it out.
- Remember that these aren’t flapjacks so the mixture should be quite thin and run quick and easily in the pan when you move it around. If you find it isn’t runny enough, add a quarter cup extra milk.
- To avoid lumps if you aren’t using an electric mixer but a hand whisk, make a hole in the center of your dry ingredients and add your wet ingredients in the center slowly, while continuing to mix.
- Do not overmix as the texture of your pancakes will get rubbery.
- To make chocolate pancakes, substitute a portion of the flour with cocoa powder. Not too much though, as this will also make the recipe rubbery.
- You can also add chocolate chips and even fruit to the mixture. Similarly, you can play around with the filling to make savoury pancakes.
- Click here to see a recipe for a creamy chicken and Napolitana pancake, a tea time treat with ripe pears, maple syrup and crème fraiche, as well as a lunchbox luxury for the kids: How to cook pancakes, clafoutis and crumpets
- Dad creates amazing pancakes for his kids
- WATCH #ParentingHacks: How to make decadent monster mousse!
- WATCH #ParentingHacks: How to make Oreo Pops!
Try out these pancakes and send us your comments and pictures to email@example.com and we may just publish them.
Sign up to our weekly newsletter to receive Parent24 stories directly to your inbox.