A skin infection caused by the ringworm fungus.
- Cracked, itchy and sore skin between the toes.
- The fungus can also affect the nails, making them brittle and deformed.
- Ask your pharmacist for advice.
- You can use antifungal powder in mild cases or see the doctor if the problem persists longer than a few days or of the toenails also become infected.
- Powders, creams and sprays are available over the counter for treatment.
- Teach your child to thoroughly dry between her toes and take off her trainers as soon as she can after exercise, as the fungus thrives in hot, humid conditions.
- Let her go barefoot or wear sandals as often as possible in summer.