Updated: The Gauteng Department of Education (GDE) has closed online applications.
- Also see: Explaining SA school admission policies
To simplify the application process for first-time users, the department has provided video tutorials to explain each step which you can view below:
It's key that parents take a proactive roll and apply soonest and ensure all documentation has been submitted on time. Those who only register their children later this year or next year when the school year starts, will have to accept that their child will be placed in any school with availability, and not necessarily their school of choice.
If you would like more information about the online or face-to-face process contact the Gauteng Department of Education on:
- Call Centre: (011) 355 0000
- Toll-free number: 0800 000 789
- Email: Gdeinfo@gauteng.gov.za
How did you find the GDE online registration process? Is it better than the previous year? Send your comments and stories to email@example.com and we may publish them.
- Controversial changes to SA's public school system underway
- How to determine when kids should start school
- 11 000 South African children with disabilities are not at school in 2017
Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive Parent24 stories directly to your inbox.