31 Aug 2012Are essential oils safe to use during pregnancy?
Midwife and antenatal expert Tina Otte answers an expectant mom's query about the effects of using essential oils during pregnancy.
Help! I'm pregnant and experiencing pain under my left breast
"I am 29 weeks pregnant and I have been having this uncomfortable pain under my left breast just after entering the second trimester. Is...
Pregnant? 80 questions you didn't think to ask yourself
What's safe to do (and also what's not) while you're pregnant.
Q&A: What are the complications associated with low iron during delivery?
Dr Moore gives advice to a mom-to-be who is worried about how her haemoglobin will affect her and her baby during labour.
Q&A: Bipolar and breastfeeding
A concerned mom-to-be gets expert advice on how her psychiatric medication may effect her baby during breastfeeding.
Q&A: 6 months and a small bump
A concerned mom-to-be gets expert advice regarding her small pregnancy belly.
Q&A: Right side of my belly is really painful at night
A concerned mom-to-be gets expert advice regarding a troubling ache in her belly.
When does an unborn baby start to breathe?
We've asked an expert to weigh in on when this happens.
Will a natural birth affect my future sex life?
Pregnancy should be a pleasant journey, but many women often worry about their sex life after giving birth naturally.
Can having too many ultrasounds harm baby?
Can having too many ultrasounds during pregnancy actually harm my baby? I had an ultrasound done at 10 weeks and then one at 17 weeks-...
Bleeding after sex during pregnancy
I am 34 weeks pregnant with my first baby. When I had sex with my boyfriend I started to bleed soon afterwards. I didn't feel any pain or...
I have pains and cramps. Is there anything I can do?
I am 12 weeks pregnant and I have pains and cramps. Is there anything I can do?
Q&A: When will my baby be turned to the right position?
I am 31 years old and 27 weeks pregnant with my second child. When I went for the second checkup at the clinic the nurse told me that she...
I have blood spotting in the morning
I'm 13 weeks pregnant and last week I released discharge with blood. The doctor says I have lost my mucous plug. The baby is fine and I...
Q&A: Can I have a natural birth after having a c-section 8 years ago?
I would like to know if it's possible to have a natural birth. I have an eight year old child who I gave birth to via c-section and I'm...
Q&A: I've been experiencing a numbing pain down my legs, is this normal?
I am 28 years old and 24 weeks pregnant. I am unmarried and currently living with my fiancé in his mother's house. My pregnancy has been...
What could be the cause of blood in my urine?
"I am 32 and 20 weeks pregnant. I went to the clinic and the nurse tested my urine and said there is blood. What could be the cause?"
Q&A: Nothing has been done to put me under high risk attendance
I am 29 years old and I am currently ten weeks and two days pregnant. I have had two miscarriages previously. My first pregnancy was at...
Baby's umbilical cord only has one artery
A friend of mine is about 24 weeks pregnant and has been told that her babies umbilical cord only has 1 artery. She is under specialist...
- WATCH | World-famous nonuplets celebrate their first birthday in Morocco
- Forced sterilisations: Health dept backtracks on reparation promise as contradictions emerge over task team's work
- OPINION | 'I don't think this is an isolated stupid act - It comes from somewhere'
- Opinion | Is bad parenting to blame? Reflecting on the Stellenbosch University incident
- Introducing solids? Here's how you can help wean your baby onto solids
- Stellenbosch University's troubled Huis Marais residence no stranger to racist, drunken complaints
- War veterans hostage drama: Makwetla baffled as NPA drops charges after 'ANC-brokered deal'
- Eastern Cape health dept sits on R17m to pay board members - but they have not received a cent in 7 months
- Astral CEO bemoans R120m ‘grudge’ spending to survive in problematic Standerton
- 'We have exhausted all avenues' - fed up parents shut down overcrowded Joburg school
Free webinar on the need to protect children from exploitation
It's quick! Sign up for Parent24's weekly newsletter here
14 Apr 2021
Do you have a solution for preschoolers failing to flourish? Attend this free webinar
FREE | Are you considering a career in law? Join this free conference