- This theme mixes wood and natural fibres with good design and is perfect for a mom who likes all things simple yet elegant.
- With a menu of breads and cheeses this is also ideal for a casual breakfast brunch.
- Serve muesli and yoghurt and have loads of bread, muffins and croissants and something sweet for later...
- Make ORIGAMI STARS to use as decoration on branches and on the table.
- Photocopy pages from old books and cut the paper into perfect squares.
- Make an incision at every corner towards the middle of the square, stopping 2/3's of the way.
- Take every right side of the cut paper and fold towards the middle; a star will form.
- Use a thumbnail or a pin with prestik at the back, to secure it and keep it in position.
- Arrange for a henna artist to paint guests hands and the belly of the mom to be.
- According to Bronwyn henna during pregnancy is soothing and calming and believed to help bring about an easy birth and healthy child.
- Mothers to be who are extremely anaemic should avoid henna or use it sparingly.
- Always work with a reputable artist.
Chocolate coated fudge
- You can make your own fudge, or buy the finished product.
- In the microwave, on defrost and stirring occasionally, melt dark chocolate and spread it over the fudge.
- Put it in the fridge to speed up the setting process.