- Incorporate unusual balloons as the main attraction.
- Fill the balloon with half air and half helium and it will float in mid air.
- Now secure one balloon at every place setting (use tape or put the string under the plate).
- Tip: try to leave the balloon filing to right before the party.
- Filled with only half helium, they can start to droop onto the tables sooner rather than later.
- Feeling like something different? Throw this evening party and let the guests bring their partners with.
- The mom-to-be can get a friend to help or even organise it herself.
- Decorate the table in black and white for a sophisticated look and feel.
- Find an old style polaroid camera and let the fun start.
- Every couple must write a message on the back.
- Then save all the photos to give your child one day.
Bake a seven layer cake to announce the sex of the baby:
- Make your life easy and buy ready made cake mix and a couple of different colours of gel or liquid food colouring.
- Buy at least three batches of cake mixture, which will give you roughly three layers if you use a shallow cake pan.
- Mix the boxes one at a time.
- Start with one and divide the mixture into equal parts.
- Colour the three parts in three different ways, with more or less colouring or with different shades, and pour the same amount of each in separate pans.
- Bake the cake according to the instructions on the box.
- You might need to bake it for a shorter period of time.
- Start mixing the next batch of batter while the cake is baking.
- Again colour them in different shades.
- Once baked remove from the cake from the pan and repeat the previous steps until all the layers are done.
- Now decorate with butter icing and silver or white decorations.
- Layer the cake from light at the bottom to dark on top, or the other way around.
- Blue for boy, pink for girl!