- The yellow trend is making an impact and it's here to stay.
- This colour gives an instant "lift" wherever it's used.
- Yellow has always been popular in the world of pregnancy because it's one of the rare gender neutral colours and a clever option if you don't know the sex of the baby yet.
- 6 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey (or Golden syrup)
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp Bicorbonate of soda
- Add the sugar, honey and water into a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil for a couple of minutes or until it reaches hard crack stage (drop some sugar into a cup filled with water and it should turn hard immediately).
- Remove from the heat and quickly add the bicarb (foam will form) and stir it in.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Let it cool down and break into pieces.
- Draw the outlines of a tree on a canvas.
- Let every guest dip a finger in yellow paint and make a print on the tree then write their name under their "leaf".
- When finished, hang the canvas as decoration in the new nursery.
- Use a combination of yellow string and tape to decorate a glass vase.
- Fill it with a bunch of beautiful, bright yellow flowers.
- Buy yellow insulation tape at your local hardware store.