- Always designate a child watcher when there are children playing in and around a pool.
- Never allow children to play around a pool unsupervised.
- Encourage neighbours who have a pool to follow pool safety guidelines
- Tell the baby sitters about pool safety, supervision and the importance of preventing drowning.
- Enforce rules such as no running, no pushing, no dunking and never swim alone.
- Don’t rely on swimming lessons or flotation devices to protect your children when swimming.
- Even if you think that your pool area is secure, never leave children unsupervised in a garden with a pool. Always keep an eye on them, in the house or outside.
- Attend a CPR class. Make sure your baby-sitter has attended a CPR class.
- Keep their gates and doors locked
- Keep their pool gates securely closed and latched
Be swim safe
Next on Parent24
WATCH | Girl with uncombable hair syndrome learns to love unruly locks