- Proteas stand-in captain Sune Luus became the fourth South African woman to take 100 ODI wickets.
- Luus took three wickets in the final ODI against Pakistan on Tuesday as the Proteas secured a clean sweep.
- Luus also became the 10th woman to achieve 1 000 runs and 100 wickets in women's one-day cricket.
Proteas all-rounder Sune Luus joined an elite club as she took three for 35 in the final ODI against Pakistan at Kingsmead on Tuesday.
Luus became the fourth South African woman to claim 100 or more wickets in one-day cricket.
The Proteas stand-in skipper was in full force as she took the wickets of Kainat Imtiaz for 16, before dismissing the dangerous Pakistan duo of Javeria Khan (33) and Nida Dar (14).
The hosts defended 202 by restricting the tourists to 169 as fast bowlers Shabnim Ismail and Ayabonga Khaka turned on the magic to seal a 32-run victory.
Luus also became the 10th woman to achieve 1 000 runs and 100 wickets in one-day cricket.
Luus took the captain's armband from Dane van Niekerk, who was ruled out of the entire home series due to injury.
Proteas coach Hilton Moreeng told reporters on Tuesday that he was delighted in Luus' performance as South Africa sealed a 3-0 series clean sweep..
"We are very happy when we look at how she juggles her bowling, batting and lead the troops - it's not always easy," said Moreeng.
"She's making sure we are hitting our strides and her leadership shone through today. She controlled the bowlers in the heat and made sure we were able to do the job as required at the end of the day."
The Proteas will now shift their attention to the three-match T20 series, with the first T20 scheduled on Friday (15:30).
Top 5 wicket-takers for SA in ODIs:
1. Shabnim Ismail - 143 wickets in 101 ODIs*
2. Dane van Niekerk - 130 wickets in 102 ODIs*
3. Marizanne Kapp - 126 wickets in 110 ODIs*
4. Sune Luus - 100 wickets in 82 ODIs*
5. Sunette Loubser - 80 wickets in 60 ODIs
- Compiled by Sport24 staff