Cape Town - Proteas fast bowler Kagiso Rabada was suspended by the International Cricket Council (ICC) following the second Test against Australia in Port Elizabeth on Monday.
This comes after Rabada made contact with Steve Smith with his shoulder after dismissing the Australian skipper.
In addition Rabada also picked up another charge after screaming in David Warner's face after bowling the opening batsman in the second innings (watch videos below).
The 22-year-old will now miss the remaining two Tests against Australia in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
Here is a timeline of Rabada's demerit point history:
- February 2017 - Three demerit points v Sri Lanka for inappropriate and deliberate physical contact
- July 2017 - One demerit point v England for a send-off offence
(One match suspension/four accumulated demerit points)
- February 2018 - One demerit point v India for a send-off offence
- March 2018 - Three demerit points v Australia for inappropriate and deliberate physical contact
(Two match suspension / eight accumulated demerit points)
- March 2018 - One demerit point v Australia for a send-off offence
BREAKING: Kagiso Rabada has been suspended for the Proteas' next 2 Tests after being found guilty of a level 2 ICC code of conduct offence. pic.twitter.com/efJPHggf1E— SuperSport (@SuperSportTV) March 12, 2018