Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines - Europe regained the Ryder Cup from the United States on Sunday with a crushing 17.5 to 10.5 victory at Le Golf National in France.
A look at some of the best quotes from the 42nd edition of the matchplay showdown:
"It's disappointing because I went 0-4, and that's four points to the European team. And I'm one of the contributing factors to why we lost the cup, and it's not a lot of fun."
- Tiger Woods admits losing all four of his matches didn't help the USA
"Let me put it this way, it's going to go on a part that only (my girlfriend) Grace will see. The worst decision I made all week."
- European captain Thomas Bjorn on a wager he made with his players before the tournament, which appears set to see him with a new tattoo
"Francesco and Tommy have gotten awfully close this week so I don't know what's going to happen between them tonight."
- Rory McIlroy on the bromance between the 'Moliwood' star pairing of Tommy Fleetwood and Francesco Molinari
"I love him, like I said the other day. We need to spend more time together I think."
- Molinari was effusive in his praise of Fleetwood all week
"His name is not Molinari anymore. It's Machinari because he's a machine."
- Sergio Garcia on Molinari, who became the first European player in history to claim five wins from as many matches
"My hat's off to Europe. They played well again. When it got tough, they turned it around. Hats off to Thomas. He was a great captain. His 12 team members played well."
- US captain Jim Furyk pays tribute to European counterpart Bjorn and his winning side
"To beat Tiger, one of the greatest, if not the greatest, on the Sunday, with a pivotal point, I was so aware of it, it's the best feeling of my life."
- Jon Rahm, whose 2 and 1 win over Tiger Woods helped Europe repel an early fightback from the US in the singles
"I was emotional earlier. I've always been a bit that way. I cry in movies, as well. Hey, not embarrassed. I care about it. It means an awful lot to me."
- Paul Casey shed a tear after claiming his first Ryder Cup win since 2006 in Saturday's fourballs
"That might be in the record books to halve with a six on a par three."
- Bubba Watson was right. The half on the second hole between him and Webb Simpson and Garcia and Alex Noren in the Saturday foursomes was the first in Ryder Cup history to be made in triple bogeys
"721 000 square feet. I don't want that bill. Unfathomable. I mean, I can't even imagine."
- Brooks Koepka concedes the Palace of Versailles, the venue for the Ryder Cup gala dinner, is probably out of his price range