I feel that players should be solely chosen on merit. If a player is better than another but is left out of the team due to quotas, eventually this player will look for better opportunities abroad. This means that the team as a whole is influenced since the strongest player is not in that position, and that player is lost to South African sport. What is also very disturbing to me is that ther is so much emphasis placed on transformation in rugby and cricket, yet there are so few white soccer players in the soccer leagues. Transformation is a one-way process at this stage. Choose on merit!
- Percy Tau secures move to Belgian giants Anderlecht
- Eugene Eloff: Turning down Peter de Villiers had nothing to do with colour
- Ireland stun world champions England after epic run-chase
- South African cyclist Daryl Impey to join Chris Froome at Israel Start-Up Nation
- Robert du Preez: Strong, influential... and a Springbok wildcard?
- Graeme Smith defends Mark Boucher appointment: 'The team needed a strong leader'
- 'Rigorous debate' part of 1995 Springboks despite Black Lives Matter drama
- Peter de Villiers recalls calling rugby writers 'rats' and 'deep agendas' in SA rugby
- Super Rugby: The tree trunk strikes again!
- Erik van Rooyen earns PGA Tour temporary membership
What is your favourite sport to watch on TV?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
44% - 5635 votes
11% - 1399 votes
19% - 2349 votes
2% - 286 votes
1% - 111 votes
2% - 284 votes
5% - 623 votes
8% - 1002 votes
3% - 395 votes
1% - 111 votes
1% - 123 votes
MMA / WWE / UFC
3% - 363 votes