My name is Simon Mashiane, a proud Mzansi man and pride myself with the Mszansi soccer culture.It is long overdue and the time to get rid of this Bafana name is now because it doesnt make the national team players to feel proud,confident and patriotic when wearing the national jersey.Rugby and Cricket are named after our national symbols and we should do that to our soccer team and name them the BLUE CRANES. Nothing will stop them. Fly the BLUE CRANES fly.
- French rugby player banned for calling former WP junior wing 'banana eater'
- Springbok No 10 Morne Steyn sinks hole-in-one in Oz
- Legendary Newlands ice-cream vendor Boeta Cassiem dies
- Springbok star Duane Vermeulen signs for Irish club
- Springboks hopeful latest video to World Rugby has given them clarity on scrums
- 'Dysfunctional, chaotic': Intelligence watchdog exposes laundry list of failures, scandals at SSA
- Gauteng government fails to pay contractors despite 2018 Public Protector ruling
- Property giant Growthpoint says 25% of its Sandton offices are empty as vacancies soar
- Govt wants to launch a new investment company to manage Eskom, Transnet and other SOEs
- OPINION | Sasria needs more than a cash injection - it needs a new business model
The Springboks return to Rugby Championship action to take on the Wallabies this weekend. How will they fare?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Boks to win by plenty
17% - 1567 votes
The Boks will win, but it'll be tight
55% - 5187 votes
I reckon the Wallabies at home will get the win
20% - 1935 votes
It's too close to call!
8% - 789 votes