Cape Town - On Saturday, November 24, Breitling, together with their triathlon squad and other world-class athletes from across the various cycling disciplines will take on the Coronation Double Century race in Swellendam to celebrate the funding of 500 bicycles for Qhubeka.
Riding under the banner #SquadOnAMission, Breitling’s all-star squad includes:
- Georges Kern, Breitling CEO
- Jan Frodeno, German triathlete, Olympic gold medallist and multiple Ironman world champion
- Daniele Ryf, Swiss triathlete, multiple Ironman world champion
- Chris McCormack, Australian triathlete, multiple Ironman world champion
- Ronnie Schildknecht, Swiss triathlete, Ironman champion
- Nino Schurter, Swiss mountain biker, seven-time world mountain bike cross-country champion and Olympic champion
- Vincenzo Nibali, Italian road cyclist, winner of all three cycling Grand Tours
The partnership between Breitling and Qhubeka will help to fund bicycles for Qhubeka learn-to-earn and work-to-earn programmes across South Africa. Qhubeka is a South African charity that moves people forward with bicycles, helping them to travel further and faster, and carry more.
Breitling CEO, Georges Kern says, “We have so much respect for the work Qhubeka does. They donate bicycles to people whose lives are changed in meaningful ways. A bicycle can take someone to school or work or a clinic - these donations can be, literally, a matter of life or death, and we’re thrilled to be able to use our mission to support Qhubeka’s vision.”
Tsatsi Phaweni, Qhubeka Executive Director, says, “We are thrilled that Breitling are supporting us through this Squad Mission. We share a belief in teamwork, being driven by purpose and an appreciation for the ways that bicycles change lives. We wish the squad well on its first mission!”