Shanghai - Italy's Gianni Moscon of Team Sky won the Tour of Guangxi on Sunday after Dutchman Fabio Jakobsen triumphed in the sixth and final stage in a bunch sprint.
The 24-year-old Moscon, who was thrown out of the Tour de France in July after an altercation with a fellow racer, had been the favourite for victory in China.
Moscon topped the general classification standings in the final stop on the 2018 UCI World Tour with a time of 20hr 39min 56sec.
Second was Austria's Felix Grossschartner of Bora-Hansgrohe, nine seconds behind, and a further five seconds adrift in third was Russia's Sergei Chernetski of the Astana team.
Standings from the sixth and final stage of the Tour of Guangxi, a 169km ride in Guilin:
1. Fabio Jakobsen (NED/Quick-Step) in 3hrs 42mins 53sec
2. Pascal Ackermann (GER/Bora-Hansgrohe)
3. Rudiger Selig (GER/Bora-Hansgrohe)
4. Reinardt Janse van Rensburg (RSA/Dimension)
5. Max Walscheid (GER/Sunweb)
Final general classification
1. Gianni Moscon (ITA/Team Sky) 20hrs 39mins 56sec
2. Felix Grossschartner (AUT/Bora-Hansgrohe) at 9sec
3. Sergei Chernetski (RUS/Astana) 14
4. Remi Cavagna (FRA/Quick-Step) 17
5. Carlos Verona (ESP/Mitchelton-Scott) 21