Uncapped winger Pierre Bruno has been called up to Italy's Six Nations squad after Marco Zanon suffered a leg injury in the weekend's tournament opener with France, the Italian rugby federation (FIR) announced on Monday.
Treviso centre Zanon came off early in the second half of Saturday's 50-10 loss in Rome and will miss the upcoming trip to London.
Experienced loosehead prop Andrea Lovotti has also been added to Franco Smith's set-up after Cherif Traore missed the defeat at the Stadio Olimpico through injury but the Guinea-born front-rower will remain with the team.
"Today the preparation for the match against England at Twickenham next Saturday has started," team manager Luigi Troiani said in a FIR statement.
Earlier the FIR said Johan Meyer, who started at flanker and Maxime Mbanda, who replaced Meyer after 50 minutes, will continue their treatment at the national team training camp.
It said it hoped they would be fit to face the champions and winger Mattia Bellini, who was hurt in a training collision last week, is returning to practice.
The loss to les Bleus extended Italy's Six Nations losing streak to 28 matches and they have never beaten England.