O'Connor denies heart attack reports

Cape Town - Toulon and Wallaby back James O'Connor has denied reports he suffered a heart attack on the team bus following a match last weekend.

O'Connor was hospitalised following the incident and is still undergoing precautionary health checks, the French club said without giving further details.

Three-time European champion Toulon posted a brief statement on its website on Friday evening following reports the 25-year-old Australian had a heart problem returning from a match against Oyonnax last Sunday.

French specialist rugby newspaper Midi Olympique reported that O'Connor, who has played 44 Tests for Australia, but was overlooked for last year's Rugby World Cup, was given emergency treatment by team-mate and Georgia lock Mamuka Gorgodze on the bus before being hospitalised for three days.

Toulon only said that O'Connor would undergo "all the (medical) tests necessary" before being able to return, but that his career is not in danger.

However, on Saturday O'Connor posted on his Twitter page that he had in fact not suffered a heart attack and the collapse was due to "hypoglycema and game/training fatigue".

O'Connor went on to thank everyone for their concern and support and expressed his keenness to return to the field as soon as possible.

loading... Live
England 159/5 (52 ov)
Pakistan 326
loading... Live
England 159/5 (52 ov)
Pakistan 326
Voting Booth
What is your favourite sport to watch on TV?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Results
Rugby
44% - 5705 votes
Cricket
11% - 1412 votes
Football
19% - 2388 votes
Athletics
2% - 290 votes
Boxing
1% - 113 votes
Cycling
2% - 289 votes
Golf
5% - 630 votes
Motorsport
8% - 1014 votes
Tennis
3% - 402 votes
Water sports
1% - 111 votes
American sports
1% - 124 votes
MMA / WWE / UFC
3% - 365 votes
Vote