Cape Town - Ace Ncobo has released a statement detailing the intervention by FIFA regarding the SAFA Elective Congress to elect a SAFA president.
"On behalf of all those who have been fighting hard to defend the Statutes and the Electoral Code, I wish to thank FIFA for having swiftly responded by sending the Cosafa President to assist in reaching this agreement, Ncobo said in a statement.
FIFA representative Phillip Chiyangwa confirmed that Ncobo will not stand in the upcoming SAFA presidential elections after a meeting held with SAFA on Wednesday ahead of the planned Elective Congress.
Chiyangwa met with SAFA President Danny Jordaan and Ace Ncobo and revealed that an agreement between the two parties had been signed that ends an ugly public dispute. Elections will now go ahead on March 24.
"I am here to resolve some issues around the upcoming SAFA elections," Chiyangwa told reporters.
"SAFA will elect an Electorial Committee before the elections can take place,"
The former Premier Soccer League (PSL) referee and general manager received a single vote against Jordaan's 52 votes during the presidency nominations.
Ncobo requested FIFA to put SAFA under administration for the code of conduct the association has breached over the years. On Wednesday he also posted a picture as evidence of an impending interdict that he was planning to serve SAFA.
Ace Ncobo Press Statement on Fifa Intervention pic.twitter.com/OB8tTbiul7— Ace Ncobo (@AceNcobo) March 15, 2018