Cape Town - Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is reportedly eyeing a £85 million bid for Barcelona's troubled forward Ousmane Dembele in the January transfer window.
Dembele has made headlines in recent days for a reported lack of discipline and professionalism at the Catalan giants.
It has been said the player comes late to team meetings and last week on Thursday did not report to training without notifying the club he was sick.
As such, Klopp wants to sign the 21-year-old winger to add to his team's talented front line of Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane.
It is believed the German mentor can give the Reds a boost in their ambitions to challenge for the Premier League title in 2018/19.
According to the Sun, the 51-year-old is prepared to break the team's record transfer fee to bring in the France international during January.
Dembele endured a tough first season with the Spanish giants after his move from Borussia Dortmund in 2017 largely due to injury.
With that said, his agent, Moussa Sissoko, believes his future remains with Barca.
Speaking to RMC Sport, Sissoko said: "I am convinced that [Ernesto] Valverde wants Dembele. He's with France right now because he deserves to be.
"I have also spoken to [former France defender and current Barca technical secretary] Eric Abidal and he is very happy with Ousmane, he told me that he's training very well."