Miami beach - The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football will consider a reform package when it holds an extraordinary congress in Zurich on Februeary 25.
CONCACAF said the proposals include:
- Replacing its executive committee with a council of up to 15 members, including three who are required to be independent.
- Creation of audit and compliance committee that includes only independent members.
- A requirement that governance and finance committees be chaired by independent members.
- Twelve-year term limits for council members and members of independent committees.
- A requirement that candidates for CONCACAF president, council and committees and senior officials be subject to eligibility checks by an independent ethics committee.
- The CONCACAF Congress has authority to review and approval annually compensation for council members, CONCACAF representatives to FIFA, CONCACAF general secretary, chief financial officer, chief legal officer, chief compliance officer and others.
- CONCACAF has the right to audit any CONCACAF members receiving CONCACAF funds for a specific purpose.