Johannesburg - Five CAF Champions League group facts ahead of matchday 1 this weekend:
- There have been 468 group matches since their introduction in 1997 with 275 home victories, 77 away victories and 116 draws.
- The matches produced 1,103 goals at an average of 2.3 per match. The highest season average was 3.1 (2000) and the lowest 1.7 (2007).
- Hosts Dynamos of Zimbabwe trounced Saint-Louisienne of Reunion 7-2 in 1999 in the match that delivered the most goals.
- Esperance of Tunisia (2013) and USM Alger of Algeria (2015) share the record for consecutive victories with five each.
- ASEC Mimosas of the Ivory Coast overwhelmed CR Belouizdad of Algeria 7-0 in 2001 to create a record winning margin.