Johannesburg - Luc Eymael has been sent packing by Bloemfontein Celtic.
The Belgian coach finds himself stranded in the country after he was ordered to return to Polokwane City, a club he vowed not to work for again.
Celtic chief executive Khumbulani Konco confirmed Eymael was no longer at the club.
Without any baggage
Konco said the club had to respect the decision of the Dispute Resolution Chamber, which ordered the coach to go back to City.
“We don’t know his whereabouts as he is no longer with us. The court has made a ruling and we have to respect that,” said Konco.
He said they had told Eymael not to return to the club until he had been cleared to do so.
“He needs to sort out his issues before we [can] take him back. The only time we will entertain him is when he is a free man without any baggage”.
Konco could not say if the team had terminated his contract or not.
City’s boss Johnny Mogaladi said he was in the dark regarding Eymael’s whereabouts.
“The last time I saw him was at the hearing on Tuesday,” said Mogaladi.
He could not say if they would welcome the coach back and added that there were processes to be followed.
It is not clear if City will welcome him back either after he lambasted them following his sudden departure.
Lodged a complaint
In one of his rants, the outspoken Eymael said he feared for his life in Polokwane, and promised not to go there again.
Eymael has been a marked man since leaving City in a huff and joining Celtic a day later.
He was barred from sitting on the Celtic bench during matches. Lehlohonolo Seema called the shots instead.
Last month, the short-tempered coach was ordered to return to Polokwane to serve as their head coach for the duration of his contract of employment after the club lodged a complaint with the league querying his departure from their camp.
But he defied the order and insisted he would not go back to Polokwane.
This week, the 57-year-old was also found guilty of contravening an order by the Dispute Resolution Chamber and fined R100 000, of which R75 000 was suspended until June 30 next year.