Below is the draw procedure for the 2016/17 Telkom Knockout last 16 draw. The draw will be conducted on Thursday, October 6 at 12:30 at the Wanderers Club in Johannesburg LIVE on SuperSport 4.
The draw assistants will be Professor Ronnie Schloss from the PSL and Jacqui O'Sullivan from sponsors, Telkom. Draw moderator will be Luxolo September.
The Draw Procedure:
- Three bowls will be used for the draw (labelled: Pot A, B, C)
- The first bowl (Pot A) will contain the seeded eight clubs - (clubs that finished inside the top eight during the 2015/16 season)
- The second bowl (Pot C) will contain the names of the other eight clubs.
- The third bowl (Pot B) will be empty - to be used to determine home and away.
How it will work:
1. We draw a ball from the seeded bowl (Pot A) and place it in the empty bowl (Pot B) without opening it.
2. We draw a ball from the unseeded bowl (Pot C) and place it in the empty bowl (Pot B) without opening it.
3. We then draw go to Pot B and draw the first ball for home, the second ball for away.