Cape Town - Sport24 looks back at the past weekend’s Super Lig, EFL Championship, Ligue 1, First Division A and Eredivisie matches involving South African players.
– Thulani Serero played the full 90 minutes for Vitesse as they were held to a 1-1 draw against 15th placed side FC Emmen at the GelreDome, on Saturday. Vitesse are sixth in the 18-team Dutch league with 22 points after 14 games.
Turkish Super Lig
– Siphiwe Tshabalala failed to make the squad due to injury, as Turkish side Erzurumspor lost 2-1 to Bursaspor on in a Super Lig clash on Sunday at the Timsah Arena. Erzurumspor are in 14th position after 14 games – two points off the relegation zone - in the 18-team Turkish league.
- Kamehelo Mokotjo has been cleared fit to feature in Brentford’s upcoming league clash against West Bromwich Albion, on Monday night. The Bees face an uphill battle at the Hawthorns when they face the fourth-placed Baggies. Brentford sit in 18th position after 19 games in the 24-team Championship.
French Ligue 1
– Lebo Mothiba played 71 minutes as Strasbourg came from a goal down to rout Rennes 4-1 at the Roazhon Park, on Saturday. Mothiba made a crucial contribution by winning a second penalty for his side to double their lead to 3-1. Strasbourg climbed to eighth spot in the Ligue 1 standings after 15 games.
– Elsewhere, Bongani Zungu is currently out of action for French side, Amiens SC after suffering an ACL injury to his knee. Zungu is expected back in action sometime in 2019. Amiens suffered a heavy 3-0 away defeat to Nimes at the Stade des Costières on Saturday. Amiens sit in the relegation zone in 18th position after 15 games in Ligue 1.
– Keagan Dolly also failed to make the Montpellier squad as he is still undergoing rehabilitation after fracturing his Fibula. Montpellier piled more misery on new head coach Thierry Henry as they defeated Monaco 2-1 at the Stade Louis, on Saturday. Dolly is expected to feature in 2019 after missing several months through injury. Montpellier move up to second spot in Ligue 1 on 29 points after 15 games, a massive 13 points behind PSG.
Qui a été pour vous le meilleur joueur montpelliérain lors de la rencontre entre l'AS Monaco et le #MHSC lors de la 15ème journée de Ligue 1 Conforama ? Désignez-le dès maintenant ! #ASMMHSChttps://t.co/qgcpzzlPTy pic.twitter.com/ZlyA2Gb5Rf— MHSC (@MontpellierHSC) December 2, 2018
Belgian Proximus League
– Percy Tau played the full 90 minutes for Belgian side Union Saint-Gilloise in a disappointing 2-0 defeat to AFC Tubize at the Stade Leburton, on Saturday. Union Saint-Gilloise are second in the 8-team Belgian second division with 24 points after 14 games.