Cape Town - Sport24 looks back at the past weekend’s Super Lig, EFL Championship, Ligue 1, First Division A and Eredivisie matches involving South African players.
Turkish Super Lig
– Siphiwe Tshabalala came on to make his debut for new Turkish side Erzurumspor, as they lost 1-0 to Istanbul Basaksehir in the Super Lig.
Tshabalala was introduced in the 73th minute but was unable to help his new side grab a draw at home at the Kazim Karabekir Stadium.
- Kamehelo Mokotjo came on in the 72nd minute as Brentford scored in each half to run out 2-1 winners over Nottingham Forrest at Griffin Park on Saturday.
French Ligue 1
– Bongani Zungu handed an injury blow to Stuart Baxter after being ruled out of Bafana Bafana’s upcoming AFCON qualifier against Libya on Saturday.
Zungu was stretchered off in Amiens' 0-0 draw away from home against Saint-Etienne at the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard on Sunday.
Zungu made his second successive start for Amiens, but was forced off after 60 minutes due to injury.
– Elsewhere, Lebo Mothiba made his debut for Strasbourg in a 3-2 home defeat to Nantes at the Stade de la Meinau on Saturday evening.
The South African striker played the final 30 minutes for his new side as Strasbourg went three games without a win.
– Keagan Dolly made a four minute cameo appearance in Montpellier's 1-0 away win over Reims at the Stade Auguste-Delaune on Saturday evening.
Belgian First Division A
– Percy Tau played the full 90 minutes for Belgian side Union Saint-Gilloise, who suffered a 1-0 away loss to second-division opponents Beerschot-Wilrijk at the Olympisch Stadion Antwerp on Saturday evening.
– Thulani Serero played the full 90 minutes for Vitesse as they were thumped 4-0 at home by Dutch giants Ajax Amsterdam at home at the GelreDome on Sunday afternoon.