Cape Town - The winner of African Footballer of the Year 2015 will be revealed simultaneously on television, radio and online on Friday, December 11, 2015.
The announcement will be made during a special broadcast on BBC World News and BBC World Service at 17:30-18:00 (SA time) and revealed online via the BBC Africa Live page and on BBC social media channels.
The five nominated players for this year’s title are:
1. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – Gabon and Borussia Dortmund (Germany)
2. André Ayew – Ghana and Swansea City (England)
3. Yacine Brahimi – Algeria and F.C. Porto (Portugal)
4. Sadio Mané – Senegal and Southampton (England)
5. Yaya Touré – Ivory Coast and Manchester City (England)
Social media users can stay up to date with the competition by following BBC Sport and BBC Africa online and join the discussion using #BBCAFOTY.
Previous winners of the award include: Yacine Brahimi (2014), Yaya Touré (2013); Christopher Katongo (2012); André Ayew (2011) and Asamoah Gyan (2010).