Cape Town - Cricket South Africa (CSA) has responded to the news that Proteas Women's off-spinner Raisibe Ntozakhe’s bowling action has been deemed illegal by the ICC.
Ntozakhe was reported during the ICC Women’s Championship ODI between the West Indies and South Africa on September 16 in Barbados and subsequently underwent an independent assessment of her bowling action on September 28 at the University of Pretoria.
"Cricket South Africa (CSA) acknowledges and respects the findings of the ICC’s assessment and have taken immediate steps to work with the player in the aim of rehabilitating her as soon as possible for her return to action. She will be based at the CSA Centre of Excellence and will work with High Performance Manager Vincent Barnes to remodel her action," CSA said in a statement on Wednesday.
Ntozakhe had been named in South Africa's World T20 squad on Tuesday.
"The timing of this issue for Raisibe and for our World T20 squad is clearly inopportune but we need to deal with it. We will work hard to remedy her action and have her retested as soon as practically possible," said CSA Chief Executive Thabang Moroe.
"We are fortunate to have invested in an ICC accredited Laboratory in South Africa and this will certainly make a quick turnaround possible."
The national selection panel will now discuss possible replacement options regarding the ICC Women’s World T20 with an announcement to be made shortly.