Proteas fast bowler Shabnim Ismail became only the fourth woman in T20 cricket to claim 100 wickets in the opening T20 against Pakistan at Kingsmead on Friday.
Ismail, who is playing in her 93rd T20I, took two for 20 as the Proteas women restricted the visitors to 124/8.
The Proteas women cruised to a eight-wicket victory to lead the three-match T20 series 1-0.
Ismail joins the rare '100 club' that so far, which includes West Indian Anisa Mohammed (120), Australia's Ellyse Perry (114) and Anya Shrubsole (102) of England.
Ismail now sits on 101 and is one wicket away from surpassing Shrubsole to third with the next T20 scheduled for Friday.
The second T20 at Kingsmead is scheduled on Sunday at 15:30.
Top 5 wicket-takers for in women's T20 cricket:
1. Anisa Mohammed (West Indies) - 120 wickets in 111 T20Is*
2. Ellyse Perry (Australia) - 114 wickets in 120 T20Is*
3. Anya Shrubsole (England) - 102 wickets in 79 T20Is*
4. Shabnim Ismail (South Africa) - 101 wickets in 92 T20Is*
5. Anya Shrubsole (Pakistan) - 98 wickets in 103 T20Is*
- Compiled by Sport24 staff