- South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee president Barry Hendricks said there was miscommunication between him and his acting chief executive officer Ravi Govender with regards to attending Cricket South Africa's Special General Meeting this past Saturday
- CSA's interim board chairperson Stavros Nicolaou said Sascoc indicated that they wouldn't be attending the meeting.
- CSA's members' council president Rihan Richards also defended the statement they released on Tuesday that highlighted how they were treated by the interim board.
South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee president Barry Hendricks stuck to his guns with regards to the organisation's appearance at Cricket South Africa's Special General Meeting on Saturday.
CSA's interim board chairman Stavros Nicolaou said Sascoc, who will be meeting CSA's members' council on Thursday evening, not only pulled out of the Memorandum of Incorporation (MoI) deliberations in February but communicated through their acting chief executive officer Ravi Govender that they won't be attending the meeting on Saturday morning after indicating that they will be attending.
Hendricks was then a guest at the meeting but proceeded to speak before the MoI amendment voting took place.
A 75 percent majority from the members' council was required for the amendments to be ratified, which meant 11 of the 14 provincial affiliates needed to vote affirmatively. Only six did, with five voting against and three abstentions.
Hendricks, who said there could have been a miscommunication between him and Govender with regards to the meeting attendance on Saturday, stuck to the line of following Sascoc's constitutional chain of custody.
"I did chat to our CEO and I think that communication may have been disturbed, so I don't know about that. I'm hearing that from you," Hendricks said.
"The reason for us attending the meeting was to guide our member about the constitutional clause in the Sascoc Constitution that says if any MoI or Constitution is amended, it must be forwarded to Sascoc for considerations and recommendations."
Cricket South Africa's members' council acting president Rihan Richards was unflinching with their stance from their April 20 statement that said they weren't afforded sufficient time by the interim board for MoI deliberations.
In the Thursday virtual press conference, Nicolaou said they had been able to get the members' council in agreement with them before Saturday's meeting.
"I have no idea what he said. I think he needs to provide you with evidence of whatever he feels is incorrect," Richards said.
You're asking me to answer questions I don't know. We still stand by the statement we issued on April 20."
Richards also did not want to divulge the contents of the correspondence they had with Sports minister Nathi Mthethwa with regards to Mthethwa enforcing Section 13 (5) of the Sports Act for the members' council to comply with the interim board.
Mthethwa said that was going to be his next course of action after Saturday's failed meeting, from where Nicolaou said Mthethwa had received what he deemed to be an unsatisfactory response from the members' council.
Mthethwa had given the members' council until Tuesday to explain to him why he shouldn't speak to the International Cricket Council.
"We've given him our steps and it is up to him and him. He said he'll inform us of his action later. However, I can't say what was our response to him," Richards said.